Oct 25, 2008

PD Day

Well, for once today was not a complete disaster.
Although, this weekend totally will be.

So, I woke up early (9) and went to a dentist appointment and got x-rays done on my wisdom teeth. This early event totally killed my gums and hurt so fricken much, just to find out that the only pain was due to the actual growing of the teeth. Well, that was helpful!

Then, I rush over to Indigo to wait for Gio & Anne. Of course, they don't show up for another 15 minutes, but I was 10 minutes early so... My fault. While I'm there, I'm bored. And it's INDIGO! So, I'm looking at books and typing random titles into the computer when a sales associate comes up to me. This is what happens:
Sales Person (SP): Hi, find everything you're looking for?
Me: Yeah, thanks.
SP: [reads screen] Moby Dick is right this way.
Me: Oh, thank you.
SP: [walks away, looks at me b/c I'm not following her.] This way..
SP: [shows me book, EXPENSIVE COPY!] Here you are.
Me: Thank you. [Put book back on shelf]
SP: Aren't you going to buy it?
Me: Oh, yes. [Picks up cheap copy - $15 LESS!] This copy though.
SP: Alright.. Cashier is right over there. [Points & watches me walk over to cashier]
So, I bought the book. Cause, I think we can read it for English but I'm not sure. However, I'm pretty sure if I read it I would go all anti-whalist on somebody. Frequently. So, for the sake of my friends, I decided to return the book like 5 minutes (more like seconds) later. What was my excuse? My mother called and I asked if we had a copy at home and she said we did. Aren't I clever? I thought I was.

FINALLY! Gio comes along, as I'm running up the stairs might I add. I hear a faint little: "Megan." So, when I get to the top, I turn to see her going up the elevator. As to be expected. So, we go line up for tickets. See Rosy & Pam. HI!!! *waves frantically* We're in line, knowing that HSM3 will be sold out. (What we were hoping for) However, we figure that we'll just get the 4:00 show. It's only a few more hours, right? Then, as we move like a whole two steps in 20 minutes, the lady announces that HSM3 is sold out at 4 too! So, I turn to Gio and say, "Nick & Norah's it is." She goes to find Anne as I wait in line. We buy our tickets, we found Anne!, and we have like an hour. So, we go SHOPPING!

We're in H&M (WHICH IS ANIMAL FRIENDLY!) and we all decide to try on 7 things. Except for Gio, who tries on 6. ANYWAYS. We all tried on these gold dresses, which I didn't like on me. But it looked good on Gio & Anne. Typical, n'est pas? BTW, THERE IS A BUG ON MY MONITOR AND IT IS TOTALLY CREEPING ME OUT!!!!!

Then, we all had numerous different things. Anne looked gorgeous in that white somewhat see through shirt dress thing and that purple top! I didn't see too much of Gio's clothes, but that flapper dress was amazing on her! As for moi, I found a few things that I really liked but for $40! SHIT. I'm not rich! Yeah. The shirt seen in the above photo is explaining my disgusted face. Cause this shirt, was disgusting. It looked like puke on fabric, ok? And it looked absolutely horrible on me. Yet, I loved (loved, loved, LOVED!) the navy skirt. It kind of reminded me of the kilt, but whateves. I still loved it... But what I loved more was this beautiful silk-immitation pink dress that was amazing on me. Except, it was really low, but a tank could easily fix that... But for $40, I wouldn't be able to eat. And a lace black dress that I also loved. And the brown skirt that both Anne and I tried on. I actually loved a lot of the clothes... Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Gonna stop gushing now.

Then, we left H&M empty handed except for our free magazines. They're FREE! I like free stuff. :) We went to Icon and tried on these lovely pairs of shoes! They were simply to die for. Only, Gio didn't try any on. :( Then, she tells us that we're going to be late for the show! SO, we ran. We ran, we ran so far away... SORRY. We NEED to stop at the Body Shop though.

They have a new campaign called Make Yourself Beautiful, and you can sign the petition to use animal friendly products. :) So, we hang out there for a bit and try on some free makeup. I didn't want to try out the perfume, so I go up to Anne and say, "May I borrow your wrist?" She sticks out her wrist and I spray some on her. Then, apparently, she spelt like baby powder? I don't know. I just knew that I did NOT like it. LMAO.

We FINALLY arrive at the theatres to find the popcorn line, frickin HUMUNGEOUS! Huge is an understatement. Gigantic is an understatement. All the elephants in the world would be like a tenth of this line, you comprende? So, Gio is standing in line and I suggest that me & Anne (since we're sharing) go buy popcorn at Kernels instead. Gio wants the movie popcorn so we run. We stop to get directions so we won't get lost. Want to know our directions? BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. If you get to Holt, you've gone too far. LMAO. Then of course, we started saying BOOM like 1000 times/ second. So I start singing Boom Boom Boom Boom by the Vengaboys. (Gio, we need to stop breaking out into song) We get our popcorn and return to Gio, who hasn't moved in line. Anne goes to go reserve some seats while me and Gio wait in individual lines to ensure that one of us will be in the shorter line. It ended up being me... NOT THE POINT. We were talking to each other, loudly OBV!, from one lineup to the other. Apparently the lady behind Gio was complaining to her oh-so-important phone call. Whateves.

THE BUG IS JUMPING AROUND! EWWWWWWWWWWW. WHAT IF ITS A FLEA?!

We finally get our drinks and we get into the movie, where we've missed like 15 minutes. I personally loved it. I thought it was cute and romantic and clever. So happy I didn't see it with the guys from Cross, cause I would've been gushing the whole time and they would've been telling me to shut up. Lol.

Then, I get a ride home with Gio (Thank you! (: ) I'm at home for 2 hours by myself with nothing to do, so I blast my ipod very loudly and put on my random clothes. Yeah, I actually liked my outfit cause it was wild and insane and something that I would never wear out of the house. Unless I suddenly became very courageous? And yes, the picture is in the bathroom cause its the only room in my house with a full length mirror. So... I do that for a bit, post some random shuffle blogs. Et cetera.

Then, Lea's like: "OMG YOU SHOULD TOTALLY COME SKATING!" Lmao, only less weirdly. More like, "what are you doing tonight? wanna come skating?" ANYWAYS.

I ended up going skating with Lea, Maria, Kely and Elysa. Twas great loads of fun. Now, I haven't skated in like 2 years but I managed to get a hang of it pretty quickly. Kinda? For some reason, I was striding with my right foot but not my left. And it was bugging me. THE ENTIRE TIME. But the two workers were pretty hot. And apparently, according to Lea, they were checking me out. Oh well. Then, I went with the famz to Dylan's hockey game. Dylan from last year's select. Funniest kid in the world!

They lost. REALLY badly. I won't give details since I really wasn't paying attention. I was trying to buy a Beatles ringtone for my phone, cause the Veronicas are starting to become tiresome. Dylan got taller, I think? He's going to Cham. It seems like everybody is! It's really weird. Well... Then I came home and watched a lot of TV. South Park, comedians, Simpsons, Naturally Sadie, etc. Now, I'm posting. See my mini collage below. :)

K, I will edit later.
Since it's quarter after 2 and I have LOADS of work to do 2mrw.
Mainly, the French project.
URGH!
AntiP.











3 comments:

sara said...

Holy jeez Megan! Do you HAVE to write three pages. Ha, I counted.

Whoever thought to go to a popular movie mall to see an insanely popular movie. Good Job.

Anyways. Interesting um, day.

P.S. I like that shirt from H&M...
-insert sad face here-

Prudence said...

lmfao. is it really 3 pages?
yeah.. not our brightest moments.

it looks a lot better in the photo than it does in real life. lol.

sara said...

I've seen it...

I like it!