Oct 30, 2008

Makes me think of my friends.

Sometimes I read articles and it makes me think of my life.

Like, today at the religion retreat and we were all leaders. 95% of those people don't care about the environment, and if they do, then they don't act on it. Ie: my friends who are in environmental club (PAM & GIO!) don't read my eco blog (not upset) to learn about the current issues or seem to do anything. No offense guys, I love you. :)♥ Gio, don't mean to put you on the spot but do you know how much plastic you would save if you bought a lunch box instead of plastic bags every day? Or your own silver utensils instead of use once & throw away ones? Or if you used containers? I know that you don't like containers but still! Or this morning when you laughed at me for picking up the Timmies. We were outside the Tim Hortons and I was picking up litter. What's the big deal? The big deal is that these tiny little things help MAJORLY. That was the point of the video that everybody thought was so boring today.



I'm starting to think that the world doesn't care again, because as inspiring as those stories are and as much as they should give me hope, the fact that almost nobody was paying attention takes away that hope and gives me a feeling of utter failure.



Then, I'm reading this article about when pets die and the comparison between animal and human deaths. They're both sad, but so many people think "it's just a pet". Honestly, it's not. It's a best friend and they're there for you when your human friends aren't. They're someone who you know you can count on no matter what, who you know won't talk about you behind your back and who you know will love you unconditionally. I can find that my cat's food bag is empty and the store is closed for the weekend, and Monday morning when she hasn't eaten since Friday, she still loves me. Of course, usually she just goes hungry overnight and I usually give her some fish but... NOT THE POINT.



Also, when an animal dies, nobody seems to give you the help that you need.



I love you guys, but sometimes you aren't understanding. At all.

Sorry, don't mean to rant but I'm missing Bezhik.

Majorly.



Sorry again. Please don't take anything personally because I don't mean to offend you guys. Happy Halloween.



Check out pet tips @ http://www.readthenact.blogspot.com/

xoxo,

AntiPrincess

No comments: