Dec 11, 2008

Ooh la la!

Ooh la la!
I went to the Eatons Centre today with Jess and Anne. Tres tres fun. Those two are just hilarious. I ended up picking out two Christmas gifts for myself (one from Anne and one from Jess) and two from me to other peoples. I didn't buy anything for myself, surprisingly because usually when my parents give me money I take the first chance I get to spend it. However, I am going to Yorkdale tomorrow with Alycia and Sharlene and am planning on spending the remainder of my money on a much deserved Christmas gift for myself. :)

OH! But I saw these gorgeous purple suede boots at Aldo. I tried them on, felt disgusted with myself, but they were so beautiful. So... I'm trying to find a duplicate pair in faux-suede that my parents can get me for Christmas. Don't ask about the purple. Jess was going to try on blue, Anne was going to try on black and I tried on purple. Emphisis on WAS GOING TO... They didn't.. And the service was horrible. When I said that I just couldn't buy suede, the lady gave me the dirtiest look!

Anyways, so I searched "animal friendly stores" on google and am going through the websites one by one. And although there is quite a good list, I don't want to order online and there aren't that many in T Dot. However, there are a few. :) (This is when stalking pages like yellowpages, 411, Facebook, etc comes in handy.)

There's Green is Black, which is a store on Yonge Street for the fashionly conscious. They sell different brands or designers that are completely animal and eco friendly. Great, i'n't it?

Curbside Cycle is a store on Bloor that is completely fitted for bicyclers... They hate it when they're called "bikers" apparently. Anyways, they sell Chrome bags, which are environmentally and animal friendly. They're also sold at Dukes Cycle.

Who can forget about Matt & Nat (Credit to Joyce for telling me about them). They produce vegan designs that are fashion-forward. They're sold at Browns, Andrew's, Bleu Marine, Gotstyle the Menswear Stores, and Kama Kazi. Also, for you Newmarketers (HEATHER; WE ARE GOING HERE DURING THE SUMMER!) they are sold at Lemonberry.

If you're looking for a new bag, they have eco friendly ones at Spotted Zebra on Yonge! They supply CBH Studio bags which are completely eco and animal friendly. :D

K, I stopped at T.
Just cause I'm exhausted and my feet are in killer pain. So, I'm gonna head to bed.
Megan, I'll make sure I leave the window open. Au revoir. :D

No comments: