Jan 3, 2009

Back Home

So, since the thirty first I've been in Ottawa!
Well, technically, Stittsville/ Kanata.
I was sick but we still went anyways, and thankfully, I got to sleep in the truck and felt a lot better. My headache went away and I could eat again without feeling sick. So.... Thumbs up.

So, we arrived in Ottawa to visit my cousins and my grandparents, who were visiting while they watched the WORLD JUNIORS. YEAH! Anyways, my three cousins - between the ages of three and nine - were completely surprised. (: We played with them for a bit but had to get ready to go to the Canada vs USA game!

IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME.
The fans were crazy, it was intense and there were uber amounts of cute guys!
We were sitting way high up, but we had a really nice view of everything. We were surrounded by Americans, except for four guys behind us - who were hilarious. At one point, they were chanting: "Let's go beer guy!" for a good ten minutes. I could not stop laughing. Or, at the end of the second they were screaming: "PULL THE GOALIE! PULL THE GOALIE!" So, the American fans were happy for the first three goals, screaming IN YOUR FACE when I booed, naturally. However, after our comeback and my brother and I were like: "WHAT NOW, LOSERS?!" they pretty much stayed quiet. It was so much fun, I loved it.

So, we went home and celebrated New Years. We watched some TV specials, had some cake and cookies and I played some Wii with the girls. The full four days we were there, all our spare time was dedicated to playing Wii. My muscles hurt. Uber much. On the first, the girls woke me up early and we went skating. Again, there were so many cute guys! We played hockey but I haven't played in a really really really really long time so I sucked. Then, we came home, played some more Wii, etc. On the second, it was my cousin's birthday party so they got to sleep in. David wanted to go skating again on the same outdoor rink, so my dad and I went with him at like 9 am. He helped me improve my hockey skills (or lack there of) and told me the main problem was that I was thinking too much and I needed to lean forward now. I feel like I really improved, except my lower back is KILLING ME to this very moment from "leaning forward". On the plus side, I can now stop and do the cross-over thing. On the down side, my body aches and I can't practice because there's no outdoor rinks in Toronto. I even made a list of why I like academics better:
1) I'm actually good at them.
2) I can tell when I'm improving.
3) It doesn't involve physical exurtion.
4) It doesn't hurt anything except my brain.

Lol. Yes... But, that was a joke. So, we came back from skating at 11, got ready and went to my cousin's indoor soccer birthday party. It was pretty fun. I didn't get to play because my thighs were killing me from doing suicides so I had to watch. Not that I was complaining. The kids were on a bit later than they should've been so there were about fifteen cute guys waiting to go on that I was casually flirting with. We got to eat a bunch of fries and chicken strips and chocolate icecream cake. Then, we went home early so my cousin could have some fun with her friends. While we were waiting for them to get home, my grandparents, David and I tried to go to Bayshore mall. We found it, we saw it, then we passed it. Their GPS didn't tell us how to get in and we couldn't find an entrance. Oh well. So, we went back to my uncle's house, played with the girls for a bit and then my uncle, my cousin, my grandpa and me went to the Czech Slovakia vs USA game.

It was hilarious because all the Canadian fans were cheering for Slovakia and even attempted some Slovak cheers. My brother's coach, Phil - who had tickets to all the games - was on the bigscreen. So, USA lost and all the Canadians were happy. :D That game was at 3:30, but we didn't get home until 6:45! So, the girls and I played some more Wii, ate some cookies and some more cake, and just hung out. It was fun. :)

I really had a good time. And I'm liking my horoscope. Which reminds me, I was at my cousin's indoor soccer thing and I ordered some fries before the kids got off. Of course, it ended up being for the group and out of my wallet but whateves. ANYWAYS, I see the Metro. I don't know why I thought it would be the Toronto Metro, but I did. So, I pick it up and start reading it. Then I say a bit too loudly, "This isn't Toronto!" and the lady behind the counter says, "No," and gives me a you're-such-an-idiot look. Oh well.

Conclusion of this blog:
I loved Ottawa. I love the world juniors. I love the Canadian world junior team. I'm back from -30 degree temperatures and school starts on Monday.

xoxo,
AntiPrincess

PS: I spent most of my phone bill texting an old friend. The friendship seems to be rekindling. And it was all by accident. :)

PPS: That reminds me, my new year resolutions:
To be more social.
To take more risks.
To think less.
To be more charitable. :)

No comments: