Jan 16, 2009

Someday My Prince Will Come...

First off: I love Alex. :) Or should I say Alpalexpix?
Just thought I would make that obvious.

I've had a lack of books in my life. So, I read this book called Dream Factory.
In four hours.
Not bad.
Not like a new record or anything, but not bad.
Now I can start on Weatherwitch.
I felt really good about myself because I went into the Adult Fiction Section and picked out a book. The other adults were looking at me because I was clearly in the LAT kilt.
Anyways..

It's really ironic. The two main characters don't believe in fairytales but in the end, their fairytales come true. Really ironic.
I like books where you can relate to the character's mindset, where I most often steal quotes.

However, this book made me think about my thoughts, my ideas, my - just a sec, my brother's phone is ringing.

Moving on, I don't believe in fairy tales. And if you know me, you're probably thinking what? But I don't. I resent Disney for making us believe in fairy tales and Prince Charming and setting our hopes extraordinarily high. It just sets up young girls who don't find true love or immediate happy endings to have their hopes (and their hearts) crushed. The higher your hopes, the more they fall.

But then again, I believe in perfect gentlemen, and finding your happy ending. I believe that happiness can be found. I mean, I'm happy. Almost constantly. I know that I'm a lot happier than I was a few years ago. Yet, somehow I feel that I've lost myself. I definitely know that I don't love the outdoors or animals as much as I used to. I mean, it hurts majorly when my cat will ignore me because I've been studying for a test or working and I don't set out time for her like I used to. I try to, but ...

Ugh. See, I'm confused.
What's the moral of the story?
I guess that everyone finds their happy endings. Just not in a fairy tale way.
I guess I'm stuck in the middle.
I guess thinking about this makes me remember the pessimistic thoughts inside of my head that are still very much so, alive.
There's no such thing as true happiness, there's just moments where you're distracted from your sadness.
Depressing huh?
Luckily, my life is full of these moments and I'm pretty much always distracted. :)

Happy wishes,
AntiPrincess

PS: Read the book:
Dream Factory by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler

No comments: