May 24, 2008

Scooby Dooby Doo aka Doggie Disaster

Once upon this disaster called life my dog is a terrorist.

Okay, so I, AntiPrincess, have a goldie (golden retreiver for all you who don't speak dog lingo) and he is adorable. Now, being a goldie (for the last time, that's a GOLDEN RETREIVER) he has the natural instincts to fetch animals, because his breed was used to fetch ducks and partidges when hunting after they fell from the sky. Mais, my dog (Canine, what an original name, right? My brother named him) has never been the best hunter in the world. Sure, he chases and corners my cat [who, might I add, usually scares him away. MEOW!] and he swims after the ducks at my cottage, but they can swim a lot faster than he can and he usually just goes for the bread we throw at them, KINDLY of course! But today, today it was a different situation.

So, I wake up at around 10:30, coughing my lungs out - like Queen Mabb said, I'm sick as a duck after an oil spill - and I go into the kitchen to see my dad coming in from outside. He says to me, "Canine's got a little black squirrel cornered under the deck." So, I go outside and watch for a few minutes trying to formulate a plan. This tiny little adorable black squirrel is the cutest tiniest thing I have ever seen. And it's on the pole, trying to escape from my big, cruel, growling dog who, naturally, thinks he's playing with it. But you should've seen the squirrel (n.n. Blaquey)'s terrified face. So, my dog is circuling the pole, following Blaquey's every move, and when he finally starts to climb the pole and almost makes it to the top - where he has nowhere to run - the dog starts snapping at him. So, Canine hates water, and I spray the dog with the hose, trying not to get the squirrel wet. [Sorry Blaquey] The dog runs away, as does the squirrel, but unfortunately, the squirrel runs and the dog chases, so there's these two animals running around under my deck, with me trying to spray the dog. I eventually get the dog away from the squirrel and keep him cornered underneath the stairs. Blaquey runs to safety, running along the fence and I'm thinking, "CLIMB THE TREE! CLIMB THE TREE!" but he looks like just a baby and I'd noticed that he can't climb very well. So, he runs down towards the back of our yard where there's a lilac bush. I'm watching Blaquey so I don't notice when Canine runs down and chases him up the branch... I try to spray the dog but our hose doesn't reach. So, I tell Canine to sit and he obeys, with his nose about half an inch away from this poor squirrel. I run inside and grab his leash and that's pretty much the end of that... Only the squirrel wouldn't climb the goddamn bush!!! I had to scare him away so I could let the dog loose again.

Omg... Then, the next day, my brother captures the poor thing because it's limping. No doubt due to the dog. But we (I) released it and confirmed that it was running fine. Poor thing must be traumatized though...

Okay. So many blogs to write. 1 down. :)

Busy,
AntiPrincess

PS: I should be studying for my BTT exam right now, but simply can't focus.

No comments: