Mar 14, 2008

March Break

Once upon this disaster called life there was a disaster called Standard First Aid CPR-C.

Two words: BOR - ING!

Lol, it's the Friday ending the March Break and I hope you all had good ones. I know I did, well, kidna... I ended up going to my cottage for Tuesday and Wednesday.. Once again, no fish. However, I did have the MOST AWESOME wipe out in the history of eEeEeEeEver!

The Wipeout:
So, my dear brother and I were going for a snowmobile ride around the island. We're going something like 80 - 90 km/h. We're coming up along the North/East side of the island - it was near the point so hard to tell - and there's a pressure crack. Now, the first time we went over it, we caught like 2 feet of air and were fine. This time, I'm like: "WOOO HOOOOO!" and we land after catching at least 3 ft of air and landing at least 5 ft away from out take off. It just so happens that I'm wearing my dad's boots, so they're like 14 sizes too big. Anybody who's ever gone snowmobiling knows what happens next. My foot slipped from the edge and started to drag in the snow. Uh-oh. In about the next 20 seconds, I fell off the sled, rolled for about 20 ft and opened my eyes to see my brother laughing and running towards me.
"THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!"
"Get my boot." (It fell off, naturally)
"TOTALLY AWESOME! DID YOU SEE HOW FAR YOU ROLLED?!"
"Get my boot."
Runs to beginning of the trail, "LOOK! ALL THE WAY FROM HERE -" runs back - "TO HERE!"
"Yes, now get my boot!"
"Huh?"
"My boot?" I wiggle my toes inside my exposed sock.
"And...?"
"You expect me to walk back bootless?"
Finally, it clicks in to him. So he hands me my boot, doesn't seem to occur to him to help me up, and he starts the sled again and drives us home.
Both of us have taken first aid training, and I'm like: "Shouldn't you be checking me for injuries?" "Are you hurt?" "Not that I know of." "No injuries."

Anyways, it was AWESOME! And I only left with my nose totally scraped and scratched, a wicked green-yellow bruise on my shoulder, and a few cuts and scrapes. Killed like hell itself, but was totally awesome and amazingly fun.

How have your March Breaks been? Vacations, hanging out with friends, malls? GREAT!

I got back Wednesday night and my friend calls me - we were supposed to play mini golf on Tuesday - and invites me to go see Horton Hears A Who. Dr Seus is my life. He has a doctorate in AWESOME. Anyways, I can't. I have a cpr course...

Two days wasted of my life. It's the most boring thing IN THE WORLD! Unforunately, it's needed before you can work for the city so I'll sit through 16 hours of nothing for a nice pay. Honestly, never EVER do it unless you have to. If you've done Bronze Cross - it's the same thing except with land spinals... BORING.

So, yesh, that's my March Break in a quick jiff.
And tomorrow's my birthday party.
Phsyced. :D

Happily marchful,
AntiPrincess

No comments: