Aug 16, 2008

Vaykay updates

Hey peeps.


Yes, I say 'vaykay' instead of vacation. And yes, I'm a dork. :)





Well, the past two days of vacation have been AWESOME!! Like, severely awesome.


I finally get the computer to myself for once, without people asking when I'll be done. It's pure bliss. Damnit, there's my brother and Dad home from fishing with the guys.



Anyways.. So, first night here was Thursday night. I wrote a blog at like 3 am. Sigh.



Then, Friday we get up - early, might I add - and go up to camp. :) It's like a cottage, only it's less home-like, more outdoorsy, and we call it 'camp' cause we're up North. Lol, yeah, we're kool.. It was awesome. Steph, Ty and me went canooing across the lake to our grandfather's camp and David and Chris went in the paddle boat. The lake isn't that big so it was pretty easy - I got to ride princess. :D Lol, there are some rocks there - it being in the Canadian shield and all - that are about 6 ft above the water. We jumped off them, cause the water is like a complete drop off, even though I was my bit over-hesitant self at first. It was fun.. Then on the way back, I paddled with Chris. Then we were swimming all day with Neil and his three girls. I have to say, my dives were very impressive. Lol. Joking, I'm not that conceited.

OMG!!! I'm listening to A Little Bit Longer right now. I'm in heaven, btw.

Anyways, so we're all fighting on this rock thats just below the surface between the beach and the dock called Bathtub Rock. Hilarity. Then, we took some awesome pics around the campfire and Nick and Ty didn't burn the Jiffy Pop. Hoorah!! Lol.

We go back to my grandparent's house to drop off Neil and his gang and like everybody is there. It was WAY loud. But Uncle Trav, Veronica and Brooke were there so we stayed for a few hours. Till like 11?? That night I went to bed straight away when I got home. I was exhausted and slept like I was dead. [Knock on wood]

So, Neil's girls were leaving today so we go down to my grandparent's house to say goodbye. Of course, we end up near the river and are all having fun hanging out and playing. They were supposed to leave at 10. Yeah right. Lol. They didn't end up leaving until like 12:30. While at the river, the youngest girls there - Erin and Brooke, who are almost 3 - kept going to Steph to be thrown in the air. Then, after when Steph got tired, they came to me. And they are too heavy for me to throw in the air, but I used to do 'spinny' with them while they were younger - and weighed like 20 pounds. So now, I pick them up and situate them on my hip. Then I was skipping around in circles and Erin goes: "Bouncy bouncy!" So now, Erin's gone but Brooke still goes up to me and says "Bouncy! Bouncy!" It's cute, but exhausting. My arms hurt. Lol.

Then, after they finally leave, we're arguing over what to do. We were supposed to go up to the island, but it was like 12:30 already, so by the time we got up there it would've been 1. Plus, by the time we brought the boat out, and got it in the harbour... Instead, the boys - Dad, David, Nick, Ty, Chris, Don, and Trav - go up to Trav's camp for some fishing while the girls, WOO! - Steph, Auntie Marion, Veronica, Mom, Brooke and myself - go across the river aka THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to do some shopping. I haven't been across the Canadian border ever! Anyways, it was sweet. There's this awesome store called Maurice's that has AMAZING clothes. I literally walked in, and was overwhelmed with all the amazing clothes. I got this awesome Love Nature shirt from there for like $7. I wanted a turquoise polka dot shirt but I prolly won't wear it that often, so I didn't get it. But we also went into Walmart and got my JONAS BROTHER CD!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But it was awesome. :D

Having a blast here, catching up with family, seeing long-time-no-see cousins, etc.

OH YEAH!! We went to the Pow Wow today. It was suh-weet. :) I got a necklace, a bracelet and an adorable dream catcher in the shape of a heart. It's sooooooooo cute.

Omg, the food there is amazing! Ever had an Indian Taco? Delish. Or scone? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. :)

I'm native, fyi. I don't think I've told you guys that.. Even though its mostly my friends who read this, so they know that already. Hey guys. :)

So, xo.
Having an awesome time in paradise. :)

AntiPrincess.

PS: Tomorrow we're going to St. Joe's Island, for some awesome fun down at the lake - ie: tubing & water skiing with the 'older kids'. Nick, Steph, Ty, moi, David and Chris. We consist of the usual gang of 'older kids'. Sometimes includes Amy, Don and Lys. Then Monday is Lysa's birthday party.. Gonna be sweet. Treetop adventures. :) Hope you guys are enjoying the last THREE WEEKS OF SUMMER!!!

No comments: