Feb 18, 2008

Cindy Ella

Once upon this disaster called life, I read a book called Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer. Honestly, it is a GREAT book. I'm not just saying that to endorse it or because I have some contract with the publishing company that if I put it on my blog, then they'll publish my work, because I don't have anything like that. Honest, I swear! Being completely honest, I don't. I'm a writer, yesh, but I would never sell myself out. Seriously, this is a great book. Well, for girls. I rate it a 9.5/10. Why not 10/10? Well, a perfect book tends to be for both genders, for any age, at any stage of life, and can relate to any mood. This one is mostly for teenage girls, but still - it was great! I just could not put it down. ALSO, a new record best reading time. From 10 Pm - 2 AM. That's 4 hours. I'm quite proud. :) Most of you are probably thinking from the title: Cindy Ella? Are you serious? I've seen the movie hun, don't want to read another modern twist. It's honestly nothing like that. Her name is Cindy Ella Gold, and she's a sophomore who's anti-prom-ness gets her hated by pretty much the entire school. Her middle name - Ella - wasn't chosen to be highly ironic, but because it was her mother's favourite singer. Okay, so there are some relations to the Disney Classic, we all - or I - know and love, Cinderella. Her mom died, her dad remarried and she has two evil stepsisters who are completely prom crazy. Sound familiar enough? Ella is a nouveau feminists and writes a letter to the school newspaper that is completely anti-prom. Her two best friends stick with her, and she ends up meeting three guys - in the end, it ends up being one - and lives happily ever after. BUT, yes, that's right, I said but... She doesn't go to prom... I won't give away the complete story but to summarize...




YOU SHOULD READ IT.




It really is amazing. And complete props to Robin Palmer. I'll make sure to read some more of your books. K, well, farewell for now.

Signing off,
AntiPrincess...

PS: Sorry, I kind of stole the AntiPrincess thing from this book. WHAT?! I was braindead this morning and it's a tribute to my love for it.

No comments: