Sep 12, 2009

Weekend

On happier notes (compared to my last two posts), I spent a beautiful Friday & Saturday at my beautiful cottage.

The sky was blue, the sun was shining, there was a beautiful sunset on Friday night, the fire was exquisite, the sunlight dappled, I saw a deer - twas just wonderful, all round.

The water is so warm. David and Bryan took me for a swim out in the deeper water, so I could dive off the boat - greatly appreciated - and I swam back to the beach. It was such a lovely swim. I didn't really like the feeling of not being able to see bottom, but the water was murky from the water levels lowering.

Heather and I went for a walk, and it was beautiful!
We started out wearing sweaters, because it was really windy on our side of the island. But once we got around to the South side, it was insanely warm so we ended up carrying around our sweaters like dorks.

We had planned to walk all the way around, but we went to Sunset Point then missed the turn off for the West Side of the island, so we just cut back through the shady middle path. There was a tree that had fallen over due to winds, so we had some fun climbing it. It was a nice break from walking in the scorching heat. Unfortunately, I didn't re-tan.

Unfortunately (x2) we had to come home today so David & I could do our homework, so after we cleaned up and such we came back. We even brought the boat in. :( I really wish summer was longer, but what could you do?

Hopefully, next weekend, we'll go up again.
I miss the island already.
I miss the peace and quiet that comes with it.
I miss the stars that make you feel so small.
I miss the air that you can breath and taste and smell without choking.
I miss the trees that make you feel at home.
I miss the smell of smoke from the fire pit that was just enough.
I miss the beach and the soft, relaxing sand.
I miss the wacky islanders that make you feel like family.

I just miss it, in general.
I miss home.

Smiles,
Prudence.

PS: I feel a bit creeped atm, won't say why, but that doesn't deter me. Oddly enough.

No comments: