Sep 12, 2009

Comments

Somebody recently commented on my post, The Cove, about the documentary that I'd watched and blogged about.
It was a really touching documentary that showed just ONE of the many injustices that MANY different animals go through.
I realize that there are many different animals around the world that are suffering.
I realize that dogs are killed for meat in China and gorillas, along with many other species, are killed in Africa.

But, I also realize that the slaughter of 23,000 dolphins annually is simply insane.

Now, the comment mentioned being a vegan. I am not a vegan, although I would love to be one and I so greatly admire those who are. Unfortunately, my health requires dairy and protein products, where supplements simply won't do. Now, if I ever have the opportunity to support this lifestyle without damaging myself, I will make this commitment.

As to the comment about wearing animal skins, I don't. I've pledged to IFAW, PETA and many other animal rights organizations to not wear furs, pelts, or any animal skins. Also, in regards to zoos, I realize that animals should not be kept in captivity, but zoos are more humane than the killing of dolphins. This is not to say that I support zoos. Raising cattle in a box is also considerably inhumane. However, I get all of my meat from a farm, where the cattle are allowed to graze and live normal, healthy lifestyles, until they have reached maturity and are well into the later years of their lives.

Although dolphins are intelligent, I believe that all animals should be spared and that all animals are intelligent in one way or another. If you will re-read my post, I said that "No creature should have to lose its friends and family; should have to be put through this monstrous annihilation!" I truly and sincerely meant NO CREATURE. Not humans, not dolphins, not any animal.

I simply blogged about this one topic at that specific moment and I don't believe I should be criticized for doing so.

However, thank you for your opinion. :)

Prudence B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Dont touch WIKILEAKS, faked DEMOCRACY!!!
Thanks